Friday, February 13, 2009

Manglish leh, cannot meh ??

I recently read an article by Peggy Tan regarding "Our unique fusion language" from the Star.
The language refer by Peggy Tan is manglish.Below are some of her examples :
1)
A : Alamak! I forgot to buy the book for the boss. Matilah ... I won't be promoted . Gone lah , my future in this company is gone.
B: Don't worry ,man! The boss is quite chin chai.
2)
A : Let's yam seng tonight . We must booze this brandy .
B : Ya... don't be a pondan , drink up.
C : What lah ? I'm not a pondan ... I will bottoms up two glasses of brandy. No problem , man!
3)
Madam ! I have to go and throw water ( buang air) !
4)
You don't twenty-five (misunderstand for Hokkien) me lah !

Acutally , manglish is truly a Malaysian speaking style with many similarities with the Singapore Singlish . It is all in good fun .

I hope I have not offended anyone as it is not my intention to offend .


Everybody , keep "rojak " language Rock!!

3 comments:

Kasumi said...

其实我们马来西亚的语言有时候真的很好笑,我曾听过一个老师说,我们马来西亚华人很习惯说:“饼干“漏风”了;而中国人却说:“饼干受潮了。”中国人说我们马来西亚的饼干很“先进”,是可以“打风”的...你说是不是很好笑?

JoJo ♪ღღ said...

Malaysian is funny de , speaking broken english , rojak language .....

hey , I don really noe how to pronounce twenty-five in hokkien ..... but actually I'm hokkien .... kaka

Anonymous said...

THAT's WHAT MADE MALAYSIA called MALAYSIA!
none of the other country will be the same with M'sia!
should be proud la !
MALAYSIA BOLEH!
XD